SDCC 2026 and the Return of Hallowzine

 

SDCC 2026

An Anzellan Droidsmith hard at work


I attended San Diego Comic-Con this year, and enjoyed lots of booths, panels, and seeing friends! The show floor was incredibly busy. I know I think that every year, but this year seemed extra busy, even on preview night. Some highlights (from what I could see from my limited vantage point!) were the Star Wars pavilion with their industrious Anzellans plus a baby Rotta maquette, the giant Lego Star Wars diorama, Mondo's angler fish booth design, a bustling artist's alley, Magic Wheelchair's incredible costumes, and the return of Sideshow Collectibles to the show floor.


A nice big shark outside the convention center advertising Shark Week.



Transformers - the Apology Tour

Signage at the House of Blues for the Celebration of Life Concert

My favorite thing this year was all the amazing Transformers merch. Transformers was one of the first comics I started collecting as a kid, I loved the toys and the cartoon (and still do!), and I have fond memories of my big sister taking me to see the movie at the local cinema, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. The anniversary of Transformers the Movie this year meant that SDCC was full of awesome products and some very creative cross-promotional events. 


Britta Phillips performing as Jem

Cold Slither with a rampant Fatal Fluffy

Knights of Unicron with Stan Bush and Vince Di Cola



There was an unbelievable concert at the House of Blues as part of the Apology Tour (Hasbro's way of saying sorry for killing off Optimus Prime and ruining countless childhoods). Last year I was very lucky to catch the Cold Slither gig, and I was thrilled to see them perform again at the 'Celebration of Life Concert'. Jem also took to the stage! Britta Phillips gave a stunning performance, it felt like being in the cartoon. The Knights of Unicron performed songs from the Reformatted soundtrack alongside legends Stan Bush and Vince Di Cola, which was perfect - the whole audience was swept up in a wave of nostalgia and emotion.


I also go to say hi to the iconic Samantha Newark (the speaking voice of Jerrica/Jem) and I even bumped into megastar Tiny Chef in his adorable Optimus cosplay.


HALLOWZINE IS BACK!



Hallowzine is back for issue 4! And I am also back again, contributing another spooky little comic. Head over to Kickstarter to sign up for the pre-launch so you don't miss out:

Hallowzine 4





Comments