new year, new to-do list

I've been  pretty busy sorting out P.R.E.S.S. stuff since new year, I've already had to pass up some nice drawing projects due to lack of time, but fear not! I have some ambitious comic ideas in the pipeline for this year.

Meanwhile, things are going well with P.R.E.S.S:
There'll be a 24 hr comic event at the Tyneside cinema in March. I can talk more about that when the programme's out and we've sorted out the finer details.
I'm working on putting together an event at the Arts Centre Washington in April. This will have a wide variety of stalls, a mobile library, talks, workshops, performances, readings, drink and draw session and a chance for networking. So far people seem excited and eager to participate, I'm currently trying to put together a broad programme and sort out the funding (which is currently unconfirmed so there's a still a chance this might not happen...!) and it needs to happen quick so I can advertise it properly.
Between March and April I'm hoping to put together a short programme of talks in Sunderland based around different areas of small press. I've lined up some great speakers, but it's all down to funding now.

A busy start to the new year!

I got a bundle of awesome zines from Natalie Frost from a project she did recently at Barbara Priestman school. The subjects covered include guinea pigs, a fair, Johnny Depp, Sonic the Hedgehog, wire (as in pieces of wire.), and robots (particularly robot dogs). Brilliant!

Also got some more artwork through for Horny Biker Sluts.

Comments