Thought Bubble 2011 successfully completed.

Thought Bubble. Wow.
I won't even bother trying to do any kind of review because I really wouldn't know where to even begin.

This year I didn't bother with a stall, since a lot of my stuff is now available as a digital product rather than as physical books and my latest work has been published by other people (with bigger, better stalls) so it seemed pointless.
It worked out to my advantage, I got to meet a ton of people, actually ran out of business cards (first time EVER), and just got to do a lot of stuff I would've missed out on if I'd been stuck behind a stall all day. I don't go to many conventions anymore so it's lovely to catch up with everyone and see what they're up to. Also, I've been hooking up with more projects online and conventions are often the only chance I get to meet with my collaborators!
Brought a portfolio with me and had a great response from publishers, and some wonderful feedback from Marvel which made me almost explode with joy, also met lots of other great writers/artists/editors. Still managed to miss all the talks I'd planned on attending, but spent some time watching amazing artists drawing things so I feel like I learned something.
It was an exhausting but inspirational 3 days.

While I recover I've got a bunch of projects to finish up on. So I'll be spending the next few days drawing comics and storyboards, reviewing a years worth of footage (so I can see if there's actually a movie in there), and typing away at some new scripts. Luckily, I can do all those things from the comfort of my sofa with a big mug of tea.

Comments